The Club has promoted the enjoyment of golf by its members, guests and visitors since 1903 and we are dedicated to ensuring the same enjoyment for the next 100 years.
The Club is a members club, organised on traditional lines; we own the freehold of most of the land we occupy, including the clubhouse. The management of the Club is overseen by the officers and committee of 12 ordinary members. General management is in the hands of Paul Loman Club Manager.
We have a very mixed membership of all ages and abilities so that everyone can find their niche and pursue their own golfing interests, be it competitive, social, two-ball or four-ball golf. We enjoy full equality between the men and ladies, but have dedicated sections for ladies, veterans and juniors. There is a full range of competitions, some serious, many more light-hearted. Members do not book tee times but just turn up and play. It is rare for anyone not to find a game whenever they turn up. On most days of the week there is an informal playing group who will turn up at an appointed hour to enjoy some social golf and banter.
Our clubhouse dates from the mid 1970s. We provide locker rooms, a professional shop and offices on the ground floor and bar & restaurant on the first floor with a balcony and full length windows providing a grandstand view over the 18th hole and green. Many a handshake has been witnessed on this tricky par three.
The Club provides both traditional golfing fare for the hungry golfer and a full range of menus for formal and informal dining.